The problems that A.ID's solving:
- The latest digital banks don’t know how to deal with high-risk clients. They prefer to reject applications from prospective customers, leaving them underserved or completely unbanked - we are talking about 100M businesses and 3.5B people.
- Compliance teams use dozens of different tools to onboard customers while juggling browser tabs, web apps, and accounts. Most of their time and concentration is wasted on repeated filling-ins, copy-pasting, and manual reporting. Financial institutions lose 10% of their annual revenue over fractured and disintegrated compliance solutions.
- Individuals complain about having to answer the same 50 questions every time they decide to join a financial service. 35% of customers abandon their applications due to the convoluted and time-consuming process.
- Regulators pressure startups to quit questionable data-sharing practices.
The founder & CEO of the company is Ekaterina Romanovskaya.
- Before diving into entrepreneurship, she had been doing marketing communications for leading companies in finance and consumer tech.
- Ekaterina started in a retail bank as a PR manager, and a few years later ran Public and Investor Relations in a private equity fund.
- She assisted key IPOs on emerging markets in 2011-2012 as a PR consultant and somehow ended up observing Russian politics and economics for Forbes and GQ.
- In 2010, she co-founded a satirical project, the Twitter persona @kermlinrussia, which attracted well over two million followers and came to be known as the Jon Stewart of Russia.
Right now, Ekaterina is looking for a Junior Researcher & Analyst to join her team in the A.ID company. She is looking for a person who will monitor the activities of other similar businesses, quickly and efficiently conduct research on the specified topics, and perform their work without gross mistakes.
Do you want to start your career in a US-based company and dive into exciting projects? This is your opportunity for a great start! Submit your application right now!
What will you do?
You will have a lot of research tasks, here are some examples of them:
- You will be given a list of companies and business sectors that are of interest to Ekaterina and her team. Your task is to research 10 media sources that write on the topic of technology and business and see if the material about the companies you are interested in has been published. Then make a report about what you found (including links, information about the company, etc.) and provide it to the team.
- Make a study on how much and which companies raised a round of investments and make a report - which competitors raised money, at which round, at what estimate, from which funds, etc.
- Maintain various Excel tables - currently, Ekaterina has tables that need to be updated and fulfilled. She will give you access to the contact database and you will need to enter people’s last names, their addresses, LinkedIn pages, etc.
- Find all the awards that could be interesting for the A.ID to participate in and submit applications there - all the information about the company will be provided to you.
- In the future, you may be given outreach tasks to write to the company’s customers. You will also be given a list of who you can write to.
Overall, Ekaterina says that there is a lot of work to do in the company, and if you show that you are capable of the above tasks on a high level, then she will expand your scope of responsibilities. So, be ready for the tasks that are not yet specified in the job description - that is what startup culture is about.
- Excellent written & spoken English skills - we expect you to have a minimum of an Advanced level, and for sure we don't want to hear or see any mistakes.
- Analytical skills - you can digest the information down and interpret it, do global research and make a summary and a conclusion based on the information, or the other way around - focus on one topic and study it deeply in detail.
- Strong self-reliance and the ability to create solutions and make decisions on your own with the minimum required confirmations.
- Proactiveness and strong willingness to help the business grow - we expect you to be a person with many ideas, not just an executor.
- Organizing skills - you know exactly how to organize your work and personal time and don't want any minute to go to waste.
- Positive attitude towards life & other people - you're a super polite, clear, easy-to-work-with person. Also, please be ready to have communication with Ekaterina in messengers - we need a friendly yet professional manner.
- Excellent attention to detail – you are used to double-checking everything and can quickly notice the slightest mistake.
- Ability to adjust to PST time-zone - you can do your job whenever it is convenient for you during the day but it needs to be done before PST morning, so you can discuss tasks & results and coordinate all the processes with Ekaterina when she wakes up. That means you'll have calls/chats with her after 18:00 Moscow time.
What we offer
- Part-time employment (4 working hours per day, 5/2) with the ability to upgrade to full-time (8
- working hours per day, 5/2). Please note that we support your desire to combine this job with studies, however, we will not consider candidates planning to combine several jobs.
- Remote work. You may be located in any country or city, just need a good Internet connection and the opportunity to adjust your working schedule to have overlapping hours with the team.
- Stability - this is not an internship or project work, we consider only the candidates looking for a long-term commitment.
- Quick selection process.
Application deadline: the 29th of June 2021