We are looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Sovereign and International Public Finance Ratings group as an analyst at the Associate level in London or Frankfurt.
The roles’ main focus is on fundamental economic and financial analysis of sovereigns and government-related entities in EMEA. The successful candidate will assume direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of credits in the region, conducting site visits, preparing the analysis, and presenting a rating recommendation to committee. He/she will contribute to the group’s outreach, research, and publishing efforts, including interaction with the media, investors, and cooperation with other groups within S&P ratings.
You will analyze non-routine and complex situations in a timely and insightful manner. You must be comfortable working at board level and interacting with senior government officials, representing S&P Global Ratings in a professional manner. The position requires regular travel as you will undertake site visits, to extract, compile, and assess information relating to credit quality.
The Career Opportunity:
This is a great opportunity for experienced professionals to build their expertise in a rapidly changing market. The position offers a diverse mix of analytical challenges, interaction with policy makers and analysts, the option to assume and drive internal projects, and opportunities to acquire and develop new skills.
- M.A. or equivalent in a relevant subject such as economics, finance, politics, or equivalent experience.
- Strong skills in comparative economic and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical mindset with proven ability to carry out economic and financial analysis in a cross-disciplinary context.
- An ability to drive projects in a diverse and international environment.
- Strong writing, communication, and representation skills.
- Willingness to travel
- Manage a portfolio of government ratings across the Sovereign and International Public Finance team. Entities include sovereigns and other public sector entities in EMEA.
- Interaction with government officials and top/senior management of corporations and multilateral agencies within the region.
- Thorough analysis of the credit profile of the government entities including an in-depth assessment of the entities’ financial practices, performance and management.
- Develop recommendations and assignment of ratings to governments and public sector companies, as well as their debt instruments, in accordance with Standard & Poor’s rating criteria
- Synthesis findings into analytical reports for internal committees and publication.
- Communication of analytical rationales to users of ratings.
- System research, industry reports and commentaries.
- Represent the company and deliver analytical presentations at external conferences and seminars.
- Will need to travel within the region
- Post-graduate qualification in Economics, Finance and/or Accounting
- Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on analytical experience in a relevant government agency, or a credit/research environment ideally analyzing public sector entities (sovereign and local governments, public sector companies)
- Fluency in English - speaking, reading, and writing - is essential.
- Strong numeric skills with knowledge in financial analysis and accounting
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and a busy environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings